Werner 7400 Series Type 1AA Fiberglass Stepladder - 8 ft
Werner 7408 Fiberglass Step Ladder - 8 FT - Type 1AA
Built to last, the Werner 375-pound duty rated 7408 Fiberglass 8 ft Step Ladder is rugged and ready for the job. This ladder features extra heavy duty aluminum HolsterTop, internal spreaders and external rail shields for long lasting durability. With The EDGE® bracing system and GLAS*MARK® Violator stripes on the rails, the 7400 series is built to handle the work site and stands ready for tough jobs. Fiberglass rails are non-conductive for working near electricity.
- Extra heavy duty aluminum HolsterTop with thick side plates
- Back-up plates reinforce all top connectors
- Shoulder bolt and lock nut on top hinge; 4 solid aluminum rivets attach top to each front rail
- Slip-resistant TRACTION-TRED® steps are double riveted and have extra wide knee braces
- Full set of rear horizontals are knee braced and spaced one per foot
- Extra heavy duty internal aluminum spreaders
- Aluminum external rail shield helps protect against abrasion damage
- GLAS*MARK® Violator stripes on rails allow ladder to be more visible
- Slip-resistant foot pads attached to the EDGE® structure
- EDGE® bracing system helps to decrease damage to rail
- Every rivet backed up by metal, metal plates or washers to protect rails
- Optional manual pail shelf kit, model no. PK76-9 or automatic closing pail shelf kit model no. 76-2
- Size: 8 FT
- Reach Height: 12 FT
- Load Capacity: 375 lbs.
- Weight: 34 lbs.
- Certifications: ANSI A14.5 (2007); OSHA
Product Code: 7408
Ratings & Reviews
I purchased this ladder to install overhead lights in my workshop. It has a vaulted ceiling and the higher hang heights were right at 16' requiring regular use of the highest recommended support rung.
I'm not afraid of heights but don't really like them either. I was confident on this ladder, it was very stable at maximum height. Well built with rivets, bracing and special features. It didn't sway or wobble or make those weird creaking noises that make you wonder if it will hold up.
I would recommend this ladder mainly because of it's rock solid stability. Good Job Werner!!!